Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Gentle Snow, A Darn Near Pointless Post

It is hard to believe that we are already in March, but here it is.  I have to say that I feel glad about it.  I know that Spring is just around the corner, which means Easter, Daylight Savings Time, and warmer weather.  I am feeling very anxious for that last part indeed.

So, the old saying is, "March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb".  This year, it hasn't entered like a lion at all, unless you consider a gentle, constant snow to be lion like.  It's been kind of nice to tell you the truth.  I'd hoped for a snow all week long, and it had been cold and cloudy all throughout to put me in the mood for such a thing.  As luck would have it, or providence, it finally started snowing yesterday.  It snowed nonstop, but didn't accumulate any.  Over night, however, it continued snowing, and with the temperature dropping, I awoke to see a very lovely snow covered field and woods behind the house.  It was and still is snowing as I write this, although not very much at the present.  It's been beautiful to watch.

In the next couple of weeks, there are lots of things for me to feel anxious about, or to hope for.  There are potential job openings that could come about, warmer weather is coming, summer vacation isn't too far off, and I've got all kinds of fun projects in the works.  I'm looking forward to a lot of it.

And the snow keeps falling... it's almost mesmerizing.

No comments: