Saturday, December 6, 2008

Battle In the Church

Have any of you heard about the group of lesbians who invaded a church in Michigan shouting profanities and disrupting the service? It is absolutely incomprehensible and inexcusable what went on. I know people can get upset, but really, this is just an extreme that should be made an example of. Please read the story at http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=80743. I personally hope they arrested every one of them for public disturbance.

I just don't understand peoples anger sometimes. I've been rather furious before, but never to the extent that I would have so little disrespect for churchgoers (or any group) including children in such a fashion as this.

Let me tell you folks, if you want to win any sort of argument, this is by no means the way to do it. Acting as these lesbians did will only turn even more people against you. Use your brains. Not violence.

The one thing I do admire from this story is the response of the church members. To remain calm and not resort to violence or revenge of any sort was very admirable on their part.

But please read this story. I have a feeling it won't be the last time something like this will happen. Let us pray about that and hope that a right Christian response will always be given.

3 comments:

Jim Jordan said...

It's sociopathic behavior is what it is. I have read many times where gay activists stand up in a church and start throwing condoms around. I don't even know what that means. And lesbians? What are they doing with condoms anyway? 8-) What they are saying is that they want us to be like them: vulgar, to have a desire to offend, and to hate the majority of people around them. It's sad and I've seen the attitude before. They make themselves publicly isolated and miserable over the private subject of how they have sex. They do need our prayers.

Jay said...

You're getting your news from World Net Daily? Really? Please find a better news source, Brandon.

And Jim, even though I'm a celibate person and very conservative in my theology, I don't think most gay people give a flip about what people think. From what I've seen, they don't make themselves publicly isolated and miserable. Other people seem to do that for them.

Heck, people try to make me publicly isolated and miserable, and I'm as conservative as they come! There is homophobia in the church and people like us who struggle with homosexuality need to fight against it just as hard as any gay activist. We just need to keep God's commandments in mind, too.

Brendon said...

Jay,

I honestly don't know much about World Net Daily. This story was attached someplace else, and I honestly do not recall where. If the story is untrue, my apologies for having been suckered into believing otherwise and posting it on my blog.

As for Jim's comments, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he was only speaking of the ones who threw the condoms and disrupted that particular church service. Not homosexuals at large. But I will agree with what you have to say.