Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Waiting for Someday...

 
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14

Have you ever known someone who constantly says one day they’ll do this or that, or have this or that, or be this or that? You know the sort that’s always looking ahead at how they’d like their lives to be, rather than enjoying or accepting what they have and what they are in the here and now? Well, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m one of those people.

I’ve had a lot of things on my mind lately. I’ve been looking at my life and thinking about goals and dreams and looking back to see how far or how little I’ve traveled toward achieving those things. I have to say I haven’t traveled nearly as far as I’d have liked to, and I’m beginning to feel rather impatient about it. I’m tired of waiting.

When I went back to school, I only had two years to finish up. I kept telling myself it was such a short amount of time, and that once it was over I’d be able to find a better job. Four years later I’m out of school, graduated, but still no better job. I will probably not get a better job until the end of this school year, so I can really add another year to that four, which just equals more waiting. I’m getting very impatient about this (and this isn’t the only example I could give).

I know when I get that better job I might have enough money to get my own place, travel a bit, have summers off to write, and do quite a few other things as well. I keep thinking about these things and hoping for the day when I’ll be able to have them. I keep waiting for someday.

I know we don't always get what we want in life, and God’s timing isn’t always our own. I also know I can be happy without achieving all my wants. But it does get rather frustrating at times when it seems like progress in life is so slow that the snails are passing you by. And that’s how I feel anymore. My efforts aren’t enough, things aren’t progressing, and I’m just waiting…

No comments: